Web Design Forum HTML CSS JavaScript PHP Graphic Design SEO forum
What Apps / Software / techniques do you design your websites with? - Printable Version

+- Web Design Forum HTML CSS JavaScript PHP Graphic Design SEO forum (http://www.webdesignforum.com.au)
+-- Forum: Web and Graphic Design (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Web design (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: What Apps / Software / techniques do you design your websites with? (/showthread.php?tid=120)

What Apps / Software / techniques do you design your websites with? - justinOrel - 01-12-2011 10:42 AM

Hi,

I have been creating websites for a few years and normally use Adobe Illustrator CS4 myself to do most of the design, but sometimes find it a bit too fiddley when it comes to some designs, since Illustrator seems to be built for fine tuning which is not what you always want. I like the speed of InDesign CS4 but it doesn't support multiple size pages within the same document, so its a bit annoying for website design since you often need multiple size pages. Fireworks is something I have never really got into. Photoshop is nice for more finalised designs, but the typography tools are horrible to use. Its good in combination with illustrator though (using smart objects).

I know with InDesign CS5 it now supports multiple size pages with one document, so I might start using that for various stages of the project. Has anyone else used this? I know its traditionally a print program, but it does support 72dpi / pixel based units.

So, if I list a few various stages of a project (I might have missed some, feel free to add), I welcome your suggestions of what you use. Pen and paper will be accepted! I will give a brief bit of info of what tools I use.

A) SiteMap: Omnigraffle (for mac) or InDesign
B) Wireframe: Omnigraffle (for mac) or Illustrator
C) Initial Design: Illustrator
D) Final Design Stage: Illustrator, Photoshop + Illustrator

What do you guys use then?

RE: What Apps / Software / techniques do you design your websites with? - dianna - 07-29-2011 05:51 PM

i also use the same technique