Web Design Forum HTML CSS JavaScript PHP Graphic Design SEO forum
Magento Website gone after renaming local.xml - Printable Version

+- Web Design Forum HTML CSS JavaScript PHP Graphic Design SEO forum (http://www.webdesignforum.com.au)
+-- Forum: Web and Graphic Design (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programming (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Magento Website gone after renaming local.xml (/showthread.php?tid=153)

Magento Website gone after renaming local.xml - petermoses - 01-13-2011 12:24 PM

Because I wanted to try to add something to local.xml I temporarily renamed the current one. (I always put an underscore in front like “_local.xml") After I renamed it back tot local.xml, the website dissapeared!
So how can I restore the website? Did I ruin anything?
I hope that please someone can help me with this.

(If I remove the whole file I get the installscreen, so that is also not good)

RE: Magento Website gone after renaming local.xml - netshet - 08-10-2011 08:43 PM

Perhaps it is a permissions issue. If it’s present then Magento should work.

Remove the var/cache folder and see if that fixes you.

RE: Magento Website gone after renaming local.xml - daipham - 10-13-2011 12:43 PM

Thank you for your usefull information. I like this kind of post which tell us much wanderfull massage!!!

RE: Magento Website gone after renaming local.xml - hairtransplant - 01-23-2012 02:41 AM

Looks like an caching issue. You can remove your cache from the backend control panel. System -> Cache management or by removing the cache folders in var/cache as stated above.