Web Design Forum HTML CSS JavaScript PHP Graphic Design SEO forum
How to present print production - Printable Version

+- Web Design Forum HTML CSS JavaScript PHP Graphic Design SEO forum (http://www.webdesignforum.com.au)
+-- Forum: Web and Graphic Design (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Graphic Design (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: How to present print production (/showthread.php?tid=582)

How to present print production - kirk89 - 11-05-2011 06:59 PM

I have been getting lot's of job interviews lately. One of the issues is that I have a good mix of design and print production in my portfolio. It's easy for me to talk about design, because you can start off talking about the challenges and the design solution you came up with.

I'm having a harder time talking about print production. I basically can't think of things to say, because I'm taking existing art and making sure it goes to press correctly, basically. There are definite design decisions involved. But not as many as when you design something.

The jobs I'm going for are a mix of design and production.

RE: How to present print production - displaybanner - 01-06-2012 09:17 PM

I have been getting lot's of job interviews lately. One of the issues is that I have a good mix of design and print production in my portfolio. It's easy for me to talk about design, because you can start off talking about the challenges and the design solution you came up with.

I'm having a harder time talking about print production. I basically can't think of things to say, because I'm taking existing art and making sure it goes to press correctly, basically. There are definite design decisions involved. But not as many as when you design something.

The jobs I'm going for are a mix of design and production.

RE: How to present print production - ridhudhadwal - 06-05-2019 06:53 PM

thanks for your post and keep interest.

RE: How to present print production - Maria Jonas - 11-08-2019 03:48 PM

I would like to know how you added such lengthy post as I cannot do it?

RE: How to present print production - arogyamaller - 01-27-2020 06:47 PM

yes please tell me. I also can not do it.