Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tips for starting a new website
01-20-2011, 01:45 PM
Tips for starting a new website
It will take 3 to 6 months to get the content ready so should I purchase a domain name now and stick a page up just to get it indexed or should I wait and launch the whole site when it's finished?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-30-2011, 10:42 PM
RE: Tips for starting a new website
If you know what domain name you want then i suggest buying it now just in case someone else snaps it up first

Small Business Web Hosting and Cheap SSL Certificates
02-12-2011, 10:30 PM
When starting a new website there are a number of decisions that you will make that can have a huge impact on the long-term success of the site. Many aspiring website owners are tempted by low cost hosting options. It’s understandable that someone would want a low-priced or free hosting company when starting a new website, but this can have serious consequences. Very long domain names can be difficult for visitors to remember, and they increase chances for typos from potential visitors. If possible, choose a .com without hyphens (if it’s not possible to avoid hyphens, don’t use more than one) that contains a keyword.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-17-2011, 11:41 PM
Hello Henry_Jakson! You have so incredible post. It's so useful for us. Thanks!!!
03-17-2011, 04:37 PM
Choose a domain name that matches or targets your keyword for better rankings.

call center philippines | Outbound Call Center | Inbound Call Center
05-10-2011, 04:46 PM
I think you should wait for your site to get finished completely and then go in for a Domain name. I am sure by now it must have been completed or in a way of getting completed.
07-13-2011, 11:05 PM
you should choose the domain name that are related to your work..

World Top Tenz | Top Ten Automobiles |Top Ten Travels
07-24-2011, 06:02 PM
Go ahead and snag the domain and put up a page to start some indexing. Google up on the subject.

Consider a WordPress theme that you can modify to save time and for ease of use. Take a look at themeforest.com or a few others. I like theirs the best. There are a ton of advantages going with a WP theme. One is the price for the features and also the SEO plugins are amazing. The learning curve is less compared to learning Dreamweaver and alot of CSS

Pakistan's Local Search Engine | Yellow Pages of Pakistan
08-06-2011, 04:53 PM
I'm not fully up to date on this, but I don't think you'll get it indexed without content.

Would you want people to see the site before it's finished? If not, then you don't want it indexed, you don't want it on line, so there's no point registering the domain name (unless you have selected a name and want to ensure nobody else snaps it up).

I've usually done the opposite, wasted money registering a name and hosting a non-existent or worthless site. Come to think of it, I'm doing that right now Sad

Hair Transplant
08-12-2011, 11:29 AM
This is really true. And I agree with you Henry_Jakson. Keep it up!

SEO Brisbane | Iphone repairs Sydney