Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
In Oscommerce IE7 error when loading create_account.php among others
01-13-2011, 12:30 PM
In Oscommerce IE7 error when loading create_account.php among others
Hello,

I'm new to osCommerce and php/css coding in general. I'm using osCommerce v2.3.1 without any mods yet and so far am very happy with it. Everything I've tested works perfectly in Firefox.

However, on testing in IE7 I found that create_account.php and advanced_search.php won't load. I get the following error:

(spaces inserted in domain to avoid search engine linking)

-----------------------------------
Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site http://s e r v e d - a l - d e n t e.com/shop/catalog/create_account.php?osCsid=67332fcc2efc187e2f4476c9d5b49916

Operation Aborted
-----------------------------------

The numbers differ on multiple attempts (session ID?) At times it leaves out the part after the ? mark.

I haven't gotten PayPal's shipping matrix done yet or gotten a test product listed so haven't gone through a complete test checkout. There may be more php files that won't load.

I've searched the forums and can't find out how to fix this. I have no idea where to start. If anyone can help me solve this problem, I'd be so grateful. Thanking you in advance!

Web Design Directory | Web Designers | SEO Melbourne
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2011, 08:40 PM
RE: In Oscommerce IE7 error when loading create_account.php among others
The W3 Validator shows two errors, both of which are missing end tags. This can cause IE to fail to load the page properly. Unfortunately, fixing these does not solve the problem you are seeing. They still need to be fixed, but there's something else going on here.

A quick search indicates that IE error message is usually due to a syntax error in a Javascript file. Have you made any changes to any of the Javascript? Changes can include a theme or template, which you seem to be using. I checked my stock osC 2.3.1 site and don't see this problem, so it has to be in something that you changed.

Hair Transplant
09-06-2012, 12:05 AM
RE: In Oscommerce IE7 error when loading create_account.php among others
thanks for this post here good share here

android update| iphone updates| samsung android phones|