Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Widths and wrapping in browsers
02-29-2012, 06:08 PM
Widths and wrapping in browsers
Hi all,

It is probably an old issue, but I couldn't find it on Webmonkey and Slacker and other places, so here goes:

I need to use percents in the width specifier in some image tags, so that I can scale properly. However, 100% seems to be too much for a page width. I have tried with a single picture, saying 100%, where Mozilla 1.3 is OK, but IE 6.0.something comes up with a scrollbar. Both under WinXP. Once I get down to 90% width, there is no problem, but the scollbar starts with IE in the 90s somewhere. Depends a bit on the specific browser window size.

I have tried a similar thing with several pictures without breaks between them, and added the widths up to 100%. Mozilla has a slight problem, and IE has a big problem in insisting on wrapping the last image onto a new line. For IE the total must be significantly below 100% before it stops wrapping.

Can someone tell me where to find the details about wrapping and widths in different browsers, please. Preferably using plain HTML.

website design perth| website design and development perth|website design development perth
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply