Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
simple template for project documentation using html/css
06-20-2010, 02:26 AM
simple template for project documentation using html/css
Hello,

I'm thinking about helping someone out with the documentation for a project he's working on... basically taking the half-dozen or so text files he wrote in Wordpad years ago and trying to turn them into something useful where the end user can navigate from a table of contents to a particular page, and then have the little 'Next' 'Previous' and 'Up' links on each page to facilitate getting around. I know enough about html/css I could probably make something work, but I thought it might be simpler to not reinvent the wheel if anybody here could point me in the right direction of any pre-existing templates along those lines?

Web Designers Directory | Advertise Web Design Business | Website Design
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-18-2011, 11:12 PM
RE: simple template for project documentation using html/css
That's not much to go on, are these long documents? If we're talking lots of pages per document you might be better off converting them to PDF. While HTML and CSS would be able to have the document broken down, PDF files are pretty great for navigation, accessibility and allowing people to print and or store them offline for future reading. It's the generally accepted method on the web of showcasing long documents that may require redistribution.

Hair Transplant
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply