Web Design Forum HTML CSS JavaScript PHP Graphic Design SEO forum
How to make a cookieless domain? - Printable Version

+- Web Design Forum HTML CSS JavaScript PHP Graphic Design SEO forum (http://www.webdesignforum.com.au)
+-- Forum: Web and Graphic Design (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Domain Names (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: How to make a cookieless domain? (/showthread.php?tid=146)

How to make a cookieless domain? - justinOrel - 01-13-2011 11:44 AM

I want to host static content of my sites (images) to a separate domain that should be completely cookieless because I read on several articles that when browsers load static content they send a cookie to the server which is absolutely useless, static content should not send cookies. This way page will load faster.

I can buy separate domain(s) for my site(s) but what's next? How can I make them cookieless?

I asked my domain registrar but they are not helping, they are saying we do not provide web developing... it is not web developing??

Can I have help from some experts here who can guide me?

RE: How to make a cookieless domain? - netshet - 08-11-2011 10:59 PM

Browsers do not send cookies unless there is already a cookie stored for the domain it is visiting, furthermore Apache does not send cookies for every response, a cookie is usually sent in a script as part of the document header.. Loading images and audio files should not send any cookie, unless there is some customization going on.

RE: How to make a cookieless domain? - perth - 02-10-2012 12:23 AM

The first step in setting up a cookieless domain is to decide if you will use a sub-domain of your domain, or register a new domain for this purpose, exclusively. In most general situations you can get away with using a sub-domain of your domain name. There are a few exceptions to this rule.

RE: How to make a cookieless domain? - therapy - 02-14-2012 01:02 AM

Browsers do not send cookies unless there is already a cookie stored for the domain it is visiting, furthermore Apache does not send cookies for every response, a cookie is usually sent in a script as part of the document header.. Loading images and audio files should not send any cookie, unless there is some customization going on.

RE: How to make a cookieless domain? - Davidson - 02-29-2012 09:27 PM

I also want to know this stuff but the above two points mentions are not clear. Can any one else help us?

RE: How to make a cookieless domain? - ilhtdubai - 03-27-2012 12:28 AM

Here is the link of the best article I am following.
http://www.ravelrumba.com/blog/stati...ieless-domain/
I have created static.decentbanners.com subdomain for my site and hosting all my banners there, but still when I check firebug it is pointing out the banner images and suggesting to host them on cookieless domain.
All I want to know is "HOW" to make a domain cookieless?

RE: How to make a cookieless domain? - tustylish - 09-08-2012 03:55 PM

Thank you about cookieless domain