Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to make a cookieless domain?
01-13-2011, 11:44 AM
How to make a cookieless domain?
I want to host static content of my sites (images) to a separate domain that should be completely cookieless because I read on several articles that when browsers load static content they send a cookie to the server which is absolutely useless, static content should not send cookies. This way page will load faster.

I can buy separate domain(s) for my site(s) but what's next? How can I make them cookieless?

I asked my domain registrar but they are not helping, they are saying we do not provide web developing... it is not web developing??

Can I have help from some experts here who can guide me?

Web Designers Directory | Advertise Web Design Business | Website Design
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2011, 10:59 PM
RE: How to make a cookieless domain?
Browsers do not send cookies unless there is already a cookie stored for the domain it is visiting, furthermore Apache does not send cookies for every response, a cookie is usually sent in a script as part of the document header.. Loading images and audio files should not send any cookie, unless there is some customization going on.

Hair Transplant
02-10-2012, 12:23 AM
The first step in setting up a cookieless domain is to decide if you will use a sub-domain of your domain, or register a new domain for this purpose, exclusively. In most general situations you can get away with using a sub-domain of your domain name. There are a few exceptions to this rule.

Smash Repairs Perth | Car Smash Repairs Perth|panel beater perth
02-14-2012, 01:02 AM
Browsers do not send cookies unless there is already a cookie stored for the domain it is visiting, furthermore Apache does not send cookies for every response, a cookie is usually sent in a script as part of the document header.. Loading images and audio files should not send any cookie, unless there is some customization going on.

Electrical services Perth | Electrical contractors perth | Electrician Perth
02-29-2012, 09:27 PM
I also want to know this stuff but the above two points mentions are not clear. Can any one else help us?

SAP Training Courses London | Oracle Training
03-27-2012, 12:28 AM
Here is the link of the best article I am following.
http://www.ravelrumba.com/blog/stati...ieless-domain/
I have created static.decentbanners.com subdomain for my site and hosting all my banners there, but still when I check firebug it is pointing out the banner images and suggesting to host them on cookieless domain.
All I want to know is "HOW" to make a domain cookieless?

hair transplant surgery | hair transplant treatment dubai | hair loss surgeon dubai
09-08-2012, 03:55 PM
Thank you about cookieless domain

Thailand holiday| Koh Chang hotels budget|Amsterdam Hotels|